Archive for the 'Android' Category
Alright if you are anything like me you really like to listen to music but I myself can not afford to buy enough songs to satisfy my diverse listening choices. Because of that I use Pandora… A lot….
So much in fact that my radio in my truck automatically connects to my phone and starts playing pandora by default and I dont even know what small business radio stations are around me in my area . As a result I run out of time on pandora quickly and I cant stand not being able to skip songs when one comes on I do not like. This post is to help those like me learn how to bypass the system and get no ads and skip as many times as your heart desires on multiple platforms including Windows computers, Android devices, and iPhones.
THIS POST IS IN NO WAY CONDONING THEFT OF MUSIC OR PIRACY. IT IS SIMPLY EDUCATIONAL TO SHOW HOW IT CAN BE DONE Finding The Best Forklift Train the Trainer Certification. WHAT YOU DO WITH THE KNOWLEDGE IS PURELY UP TO YOU AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR ACTIONS
First I am going to start off with the simplest and easiest one to do.
This one was extremely simple
Goto THIS SITE and download the Saver2 bundle
Once installed there will be a couple icons listed. To listen to pandora just click the Listen Only icon, log in, and enjoy. Simple as that. Your regular media controls will work so you can skip songs and pause while in the middle of what ever game you so desire to play!
This one is still fairly simple I will outline the steps below (this is for both phones and tablets)
- Uninstall current pandora client!
- Enable 3rd party installs by going to settings (on my device its under settings>more>security>Unknown sources
- Use your phone to browse to http://bit.ly/1mnk4aC
- Install and enjoy!
You use this client just like the one off the app store but it does not stop you from rapidly clicking the skip button to your hearts content! (although I would recommend some sort of self control)
This one requires you to jailbreak your iDevice. Don’t know how to do this? CLICK HERE be sure to read up on the risks and the proper way to perform the jailbreak and above all DO NOT PAY A WEBSITE TO DO IT!
- Jailbreak device
- Open cydia
- Click the “Manage” tab
- Select Sources and click edit on the top right
- Select add
- type in cydia.xsellize.com/ and press add source
- Follow directions on the screen to add
- Scroll down and click Xsellize
- Scroll down more and find “Pandora Skip hack”
Enjoy the tunes!
p.s. HOLY CRAP!!!! I MADE A INFORMATIVE POST!!!!No comments
I have an x2 that I wanted to root because I am a control hog and want all the abilities my phone has to offer. Therefor I went searching for a method that worked and after working google half to death I found it courtesy of XDA
Here is a quote of the post (source post at the bottom)
This is the process I used it is slightly different than Dark’s and the original link. The standard warning applies here, NEITHER MYSELF NOR ANYONE ELSE IS RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE DOING THIS!
- You MUST have the ADB drivers for your phone installed which are obtained as part of the Android SDK.
- You MUST have USB Debugging enabled on your phone.
- You MUST have Superuser installed, which can be found on the Market.
- Download the following file (adb-fastboot.zip): LINK
- Download this file as well (root.zip): LINK
- Extract these zip files to a location that is easy to get to, the original instructions suggested making a Root folder in C:\, however it is really up to you. Just make sure all the files are extracted to the same folder.
- Get your phone into Fastboot mode, to do this:
- Shut the phone off.
- Hold down the Volume Down Button while pressing the Power Button.
- After the phone turns on you should see Fastboot at the top of the screen.
- Press the Volume Up Button to enter Fastboot mode. Your computer may need to install drivers if this is the first time you entered Fastboot mode, so let this happen BEFORE proceeding.
- Start a command prompt on your computer.
- Type the following commands:
- cd \<DIRECTORY> where <DIRECTORY> is the folder you created. If you created the Root folder in C:\ it would be cd \root.
- fastboot flash preinstall root.img
- fastboot reboot
- Wait for the phone to reboot, once it does so execute the following commands (in the command prompt you should still have open):
- adb shell
- On your phone you should see a prompt to Allow or Deny Superuser access, allow this. Then execute the following commands (in the command prompt you should still have open)
- mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p12 /system
- cp /preinstall/su /system/bin/su
- chmod 6755 /system/bin/su
As long as you follow those directions EXACTLY then you to can have all the rooted goodness your phone has to offer
[Source: XDA Developers]4 comments
We all know I cant leave well enough alone and have to do more on my phone than what its suppose to do so within the first 24 hours of having my android phone it was rooted!
I am on the Bluegrass Cellular network. It is a CDMA based phone that operates on a network just like verizon. This method may work for other carriers but I have only confirmed it on Bluegrass… There are reports of it working on Cellular South as well via the XDA-Developers forum
The instructions are very simple and I am pulling them from the XDA-Developers Forum on a post made by markachee. I will be adding my own information in as well.
NOTICE / WARNING / READ THESE:
1. I give no guarantees for anything that may or may not result from following these instructions (or any mistakes made).
2. Doing this will probably void your warranty, BUT as long as you don’t run some other carrier’s RUU (not talking about ROMs here, talking about the official upgrade files. what’s important is that your hboot version doesn’t change) you can always just flash your carrier’s RUU to go back to unrooted completely stock.
NONE! This is a clean procedure that leaves your current rom as is. Any issues you have will be related to whatever ROMs you choose to flash or additional packages you choose to flash to your current rom
The chances of you breaking your phone are VERY VERY slim but if it does break you are the one responsiblie for it 😉
1. Upgrade to 2.1
We know this works with the initial 2.1 updates, but later updates may patch it. If you have installed additional updates from your carrier, you may have to flash the original RUU to be able to root.
I took my phone down to bluegrass and had them do this step for me 😉
2. Download and extract the Android SDK
You really only need this for the adb binary. If anyone can suggest a better way to get it than downloading the entire SDK, let me know.
3. Download and install HTC Sync
Some carriers have specific versions of HTC Sync (I know Cellular South does).
You could also just install the adb drivers.
4. Download the hack and extract it to your SDK tools directory. (or wherever you have adb)
It’s attached to this post.
5. Turn on USB Debugging on your phone
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
6. Plug your phone in USB
7. Run the script
For Windows this is runindos.bat. You should be able to just double click it.
That’s it. This will flash the Darch version of AmonRA’s recovery.
At this point you should probably backup your current stock rom (see Recovery guide below) and backup your PRL. (navalynt has good instructions on this in his root guide).
Now you can flash a custom rom or just flash the provided su.zip (see Recovery guide below) for Superuser Permissions (root) within your current rom.
I did not bother with a custom rom all I did was flash using the su.zip that was included in the download.
Recovery is where you can backup, restore, and flash ROMs or additional app zips.
To enter Recovery mode on your phone, power the phone off. Then hold home and press the power button. Keep holding home until you get the recovery screen.
You’ll see several options, but the first thing you’ll want to use is Backup.I’ve always used the nandroid option, not sure of the differences between it and bart. Backing up does exactly what you’d expect: copies your current ROM to your sd card. It doesn’t change anything on the phone. It does take a few minutes so be patient.
Most roms will suggest you wipe first, and there is a menu option for that in recovery also. Just choose wipe, then factory reset. This does nothing to your sd card and only wipes application data (app installed from the market, settings for any app, etc).
After you’ve backed up, Recovery is also where you flash new ROMs or additions to your current ROM. It’s easiest to pick a rom you want on your pc, and transfer it to your phone over usb. you can either do this the normal way, or if you’re already in recovery, there is a USB-MS option you can use. Some Recoveries require flashable zips to be in the root of your sd card (not in any directory). After the ZIP is on your sd card, choose “install zip from sdcard” and pick the zip of the ROM you want. That’s it. After it’s done flashing, reboot your phone. If you wiped and flashed a full ROM, the first will take several minutes.
If you flash a ROM and either get stuck in a boot loop or just don’t like it, go back into recovery under the Backup option and choose nandroid restore. Pick the option you get (it’s a directory named with your phone’s serial number) and you’ll see a list of backups named with the date/time they were created. Choose which one you want to restore, wait a few minutes, then reboot and you’ll be back to exactly where you were.
You can download all the files needed using the following link or goto THIS thread on XDA and follow the links to the main sources.
Big thanks goes out to all those who developed this hack and took the time to perfect it!