Ok you non iPhone users are gonna hate me becuase the next few posts are all iPhone related. I promise I will get some non iphone content up soon..
On with the post
Jailbreaking your iPhone 3G Firmware 3.0 [may work with other iphones besides 3gs however I dont know for sure]
TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!! THE DEV TEAM WORKS HARD TO PREVENT BRICKING HOWEVER IT IS STILL POSSIBLE. IF YOUR PHONE BREAKS ITS NOT OUR FAULT!
Now that we got that out of the way the steps….
- Update your iTunes to the new release
- Update your iPhone to firmware 3.0 like any normal person would.
- Once updated find the ipsw file that was loaded onto your iPhone [On vista it is located in C:\Users\LOGIN_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates/]
- Download Redsn0w HERE [dont worry its safe :)]
- Extract redsn0w and run the program. Simply follow the instructions and you will be done in no time
- Go get a pizza or drink its gonna take a while….
- Enjoy your jailbroken iPhone!
Thats all there is to it your results may very. I had to do it 3 times before I got it done right but if you keep trying it will work