Ok this is a quick and simple one… Follow yesterdays post for jailbreaking and then you can move on….
- Ensure you have upgraded to iPhone OS 3.0
- Jailbreak your iPhone 3G using redsn0w or PwnageTool (this will also install Cydia/Icy)
- Run Cydia or Icy
- Please add the repo repo666.ultrasn0w.com to Cydia or Icy. That last “o” is actually the number zero “0”! If you use the letter “o” you’ll get an error.
- Search for ‘ultrasn0w’ in cydia or icy and install ultrasn0w
- Reboot your iPhone 3G
- T-Mobile USA users should disable 3G before using ultrasn0w
Thats all there is to it! Now one minor issue I noticed. The phone may drop signal and regain it for the first 5min or so after unlocking. After that everything will work like it should.
One perk is if you were using a turbo sim like I was you may see better signals I know I did
You may or may not read the blog over at engadget.com but recently they received a letter from Deutsche Telekom the people who own T-Mobie stating that the engadget mobile name with the color magenta was a trademark of T-Mobile. You can see that whole post HERE
Well in response to that engadget has chose to “Paint the town magenta” Well you may have noticed that I [Tracker] have also done this on our own little blog here. Dark also made our banner a nice magenta-ish color to match.
Lets see T-Mobile tell me to change my colors!
p.s. Engaget also changed the logo for there engadget mobile site. It is the image above.
And No this is not a April fools joke.
[UPDATE] I have switched the site back nowNo comments