Ok this is a quick and simple one… Follow yesterdays post for jailbreaking and then you can move on….
- Ensure you have upgraded to iPhone OS 3.0
- Jailbreak your iPhone 3G using redsn0w or PwnageTool (this will also install Cydia/Icy)
- Run Cydia or Icy
- Please add the repo repo666.ultrasn0w.com to Cydia or Icy. That last “o” is actually the number zero “0”! If you use the letter “o” you’ll get an error.
- Search for ‘ultrasn0w’ in cydia or icy and install ultrasn0w
- Reboot your iPhone 3G
- T-Mobile USA users should disable 3G before using ultrasn0w
Thats all there is to it! Now one minor issue I noticed. The phone may drop signal and regain it for the first 5min or so after unlocking. After that everything will work like it should.
One perk is if you were using a turbo sim like I was you may see better signals I know I did
Ok so I bought a turbosim off of ebay for $8.20 [link] and it got here today. Speedy shipping so that made me happy. Once I got it within 2min of sitting at my desk I was recording a video and testing the card out. Now I have had it working for a few hours and all seems to be well so far so I am calling it a success.
If you want to unlock your iPhone I suggest grabbing one of the sim cards at that ebay link above and trying it out. If you have success be sure to let us know 🙂
BE SURE TO READ THE INSTRUCTIONS WHEN YOU GO TO INSTALL IT FAILURE TO DO SO MAY CAUSE YOUR PHONE NOT TO WORK AND YOU WILL HAVE TO TRY AGAIN!
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMANGE TO YOUR DEVICE IF YOU BREAK IT THEN YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.
WE ARE HOWEVER RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY JOY YOU FEEL ONCE YOU ARE FREE OF AT&T’S CLUTCHES! 😛
[Ebay Link again: TurboSim]
Here is the video of me opening and installing the turbosim.