Ok this is a quick and simple one… Follow yesterdays post for jailbreaking and then you can move on….
- Ensure you have upgraded to iPhone OS 3.0
- Jailbreak your iPhone 3G using redsn0w or PwnageTool (this will also install Cydia/Icy)
- Run Cydia or Icy
- Please add the repo repo666.ultrasn0w.com to Cydia or Icy. That last “o” is actually the number zero “0”! If you use the letter “o” you’ll get an error.
- Search for ‘ultrasn0w’ in cydia or icy and install ultrasn0w
- Reboot your iPhone 3G
- T-Mobile USA users should disable 3G before using ultrasn0w
Thats all there is to it! Now one minor issue I noticed. The phone may drop signal and regain it for the first 5min or so after unlocking. After that everything will work like it should.
One perk is if you were using a turbo sim like I was you may see better signals I know I did